It has been on my heart to compile a list of some of the resources I have been lucky enough to find or use during this mass quarantine. I am now working remotely and my kids are going to be schooling at home for awhile, I am never one to be idle, so I have been compiling a list of resources for free or low cost learning for adults and kids. I will continue to add to this list throughout the quarantine as I find things- and please add things in the comments below!
Adult Learning Resources
Whether you are looking to further your career or just expand your knowledge check out some of these awesome programs below! They are all free (as of this writing) unless specified otherwise.
- HubSpot Content Marketing Certification- they have quite a few marketing classes available as well but this certification is industry recognized and worth adding to your LinkedIn!
- Office Administration Online Course from Oxford Home Study Centre
- Non-Profit Learning to help you help your community!
- Brit & Co is offering free classes for the month of March with the code SELFCARE
- Harvard University offers free online courses in many different areas
- Coursera offers free online classes as well in several different areas
- CodeAcademy teaches online coding for free or a monthly fee of $19
- Stanford University offers online classes to help you improve your skill set
- Facebook offers free classes on digital marketing
- Alison.com offers a free communication skills course
- The Free MBA
- Yale offers free open classes
- Mary Ochsner is offering free yoga classes on her app during this time
Kids Home Learning Resources
- The Louvre has some free tours available
- The Smithsonian is offering a free self-paced walk through of the whole museum
- National Women’s History Museum
- The MET has 26 online exhibits
- Cincinnati Zoo around 3pm does a Facebook live
- San Diego Zoo has 3 camera feeds you can switch between
- The National Aquarium has a tour of its famous facilities
- LEGOLand has a virtual tour
- DisneyWorld has virtual tours and rides
- Khan Kids Academy for some online learning help *free classes*
- IXL online classes- lots of districts pay for the membership so check your school’s website!
- Minecraft Coding
- 6 Free Coding Games for Kids
- Reflex math– they have a free trial but also your school might already pay for membership
There are just a few of many resources to get us started. What are some things you are doing to stay busy? Do you have free resources to share or add? I would love to collaborate and create some creative ways to bust boredom!